Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Baby #2

May 28, 2008
Today, I had my first ultrasound for baby #2. We are so excited! My EDC(estimated due date) in Dec. 22, but the ultrasound indicated Jan. 3rd. So, I was 10 weeks and 3 days along and now today after ultrasound, I'm 8 weeks, 5 days. It stinks to go backwards in how far you are in pregnancy. The baby is 2 cm long and had a heart beat of 163. These are more details for John and for me to remember. I think it is amazing to be able to see the baby so young. I can't wait to hold this precious baby.
Right now, I'm in Pocatello visiting my family. Hence, the reason I was able to get an early ultrasound thanks to my dad. I've been very sick and am so grateful for all they are doing for me and for Josh.

Since I've been sick I had my first piano recital and Josh's 2nd birthday, which I'll post pictures of later when I'm back in town and feeling somewhat better.

11 comments:

Jessie Riley said...

YAY... hooray for you!

I hope you start feeling better soon.

I'm so excited for you.

Jessica Sorensen said...

congrats! I went backwards like that to I thought I was 8 weeks but the ultrasound put me at 6 weeks. However Addi came on her original estimated due date not the one that the ultrasound said.

Dave and Tricia Folsom Family Fun said...

Congratulations Marie! I had heard you had been sick and then that you were expecting baby #2! I hope you get feeling better soon. And that is a bummer about going backwards on your due date - they should never make a woman go backwards! Another girl I know thought she was 15 weeks and found out she is only 9 (unusual story) so I am glad you only went back 2 weeks!

. said...

wow, that is so exciting. i hope you won't be sick for too much longer.
brooke

. said...

wow, that is so exciting. i hope you won't be sick for too much longer.
brooke

Rachel said...

I think the baby looks like you. . .I guess it's a girl :) Have fun visiting your family!

Melanie said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you and can't wait to see if it is going to be a boy or girl! Hang in there!

Bennion Family said...

I hope that you are feeling better. It was so good to see you last weekend. I am glad that your family is helping you out so much during this difficult period.

esmiley said...

CONGRATS! We miss you guys already...but you'll definitely have to come visit when you're feeling better.

Diana said...

Hey Marie,

This is Diana Abbott. I wandered over to your blog from another. Congratulations on the pregnancy! I hope you feel better soon.

Mark and I had our first baby in March. We have a blog at http://abbottsadv.blogspot.com
.

Anyway, good luck. I'm sure your baby will be just as adorable as your first!

Steuer Family News said...

How wonderful! Are you feeling any better? I want to call you in the next couple of days but am afraid you are still feeling terribly. I am so happy, though, that you get another precious child! Can't wait to have another great talk on the phone soon!