Thursday, September 11, 2008

Lake Powell August 2008


Gary and Scotty

John wake boarding.  He is so good at both water skiing(slalom) and wake boarding.  I love to watch him every time.
Becca and Nate.  We actually got a picture of Nate smiling, Yeah!
Gary, Becca, John, Chantell, Ricci, and Scott on banana boat.
Our evening family walks on the beach.
Marie & Becca (One of my best memories with Becca was the night when John and I got engaged.  As soon as we got home to John's house everyone was waiting up and Becca was first to say "Yeah, I now have a sister" and I immediately replied "Me too!")





Josh giving Dad a high five after jumping off the water slide.  Josh couldn't get enough he loved it.  They probably went off the slide 10 to 15 times, until Dad was too tired to go anymore.

Sunrise at Lake Powell(photo taken by Shawna).  Isn't this place beautiful.
John and Becca comparing tans.  This is what happens when you go to medical school, you no longer get a tan.

Gary and John(John's dad).  John's dad went on a six hour paddle boat ride.  Gary did the first three hour and my John(Johnny) did the last three hours.  John's dad of course did the entire 6 hours.  Wow!

Another family evening walk on the beach.  I love the beach!
Marie wake boarding at 6 months pregnant!  It was so much fun!  I only wish I could have waterskiied.  I'm afraid that I would have torn a stomach muscle with all the changes that your belly goes through during pregnancy.  I was a little sad because this was the first summer in 10 years that I hadn't waterskiied.  Waterskiing is one of my biggest passions.  Hopefully next year.


Josh laughing hysterically on the beach.  Josh loved the beach and played for hours and hours on end in the sand and water.

Becca and Nate hiding from the camera


5 comments:

Melanie said...

How fun!! You guys are so cute! How are you feeling by the way!?

The Dunns said...

Marie-

I am so Jealous!! Lake Powell is my Favorite place on earth. It looks like you guys had a wonderful time with John's Fam. Marie you look great I can't believe you wake boarded! You are awesome! Josh is growing up fast, he seems like he loves the water too. So are any of John's siblings getting married anytime soon? It looks like a few extra's came along. Are you guys still in Utah then? I hope things are going well.
Love-
Carly

Betsy said...

Marie, It's fun to see your cute family. I'm glad to see that you guys are enjoying yourselves =0). Lake Powell looks like a blast. It's such a beautiful place. We would love to have you guys for a visit any time =0). Congrats on deciding John's specialty too...and congrats on the baby! Do you know what you are having?? You look great!

Nancy K said...

Looks like heaven on earth! We would love to get together while you are in Utah. You can email me nancyhkirk@yahoo.com or call 801-794-0074.

Steuer Family News said...

You look so beautiful and it seems life is going wonderfully for you! I am so glad! Thanks for you sweet blog note. Yes, I would love to talk with you sometime. We really need to!