Friday, February 26, 2010

Kadia Comes to Visit, A Few Things to Say About Josh, and a Craft

KADIA'S VISIT
Our really good friend from medical school, Kadia, came for a visit!  It was so fun to have her!  The boys loved every minute of course.  It was so fun to visit and catch up and to have an adult around during the day!  She was so helpful with the boys and around the house.  Josh was so sad when she left and for days Josh asked over a hundred times if he could go to Kadia's house.  I explained over a hundred times that she was back at Iowa very far away.  Maybe soon we'll venture back to good-old Iowa.  We miss Iowa and all our friends there.  We do NOT miss the winters though!  We'll definitely wait til winter is over before we plan anything!

John barely made it home from a long day in the Operating Room to see Kadia, just before she had to leave back home.  So, I quickly snapped a photo.


Please come visit us again soon!!!
I just have to say that Kadia has the most awesome hair!




JOSH
I love this kid!  I love his creativity!  I love all the many wonderful things he makes!

I love that he cares about Nate so much.  Today, Nate was having a great time with pouring a cup of water all over the carpet, so I took it away from him.  Nate of course, didn't want his fun to end, so he began sobbing.  Josh immediately gave him back the cup, gave him a kiss on his forehead, and told Nate that it was alright.  In an instant Nate was beaming from ear to ear.  And I was made to look like a mean mom.  It was so cute though.

This week Josh started to put himself in "TIME OUT"!  It is so cute to me and so funny!  He is finally getting the whole "time out" thing.  It really has never worked until the last few months.

"GOOD NIGHT MOMMY!"
The last few weeks Josh has been going to bed all by himself most nights.  This is a SERIOUS TRIUMPH!!!  As Josh has had extreme difficulties with sleeping for over a year.  I mean at 2 to 3 year old who has never gotten a good nights sleep at all.  For about a year or so Josh has battled severe asthma, allergies, reflux disease, and excema.  Seriously, who can sleep when they can't breathe, haven't stopped coughing for months and eventually a year, have acid burn in their chest and throat, have stopped eating due to heartburn, and itchy skin all over that bleeds from scratching in their sleep.  Seriously, it took us forever to really figure out what was going on and to find medications that actually worked and didn't make Josh crazy, literally.  And mom crazy too.  I'm so happy that my happy Josh is back and that he is gaining weight, learning faster than ever before, and he actually has color in his face!  It's amazing what good health can do for anyone, especially a 3 year old. 

So, After we finish our bedtime routine which starts at about 5pm of dinner, clean-up, medicine, bath, more dinner, book, scriptures, prayer, and yes usually more dinner (Did I tell you that this kid eats and eats and eats thanks to acid reflux medication) and finally brush teeth.  I hear the lovely words "Good Night, Mommy!"  He always has a cute content smile and waves to me.  I think I may have to pinch myself.  Just a few months ago.  I would be laying in his bed with him, trying to help him calm down enough to sleep till about 10 or 11:30 at night.  Then he wouldn't actually sleep well and I'd worry every night with all the coughing that never ended and have to get up to give him his breathing treatments and many horrible medications that caused him to sleep less and less.  Those were crazy days and I'm so so sooooo happy they are behind us!!!



THINK SPRING!
The other day, Josh really wanted to blow bubbles more than play in the snow.  Surprisingly, they weren't frozen solid.  He had a blast! 

CRAFT
The other night while John was on-call, one of my best friends from college, Mel, came over and we did some sewing crafts and just talked.  It was so fun!  I made this Giraffe for Nate.  I had been planning to do it for months since he loves tags so much but hadn't gotten around to it!  Josh loves animals so he actually really likes it and wants me to make one for him too.  

12 comments:

Melanie said...

Such cute pictures!! I love the giraffe! I told my mom about it and I have to tell her to check your blog so she can see it. Thanks for having me over. Lets do it again soon.

Denise Rigby said...

So creative! They are really cute. I'm going to have to make some, better yet, my activity day girls could make them for a beginning sewing project. Melanie is so happy that you live so close. I hope all is well with you and your family.

Aubrielle said...

that is so cute! looks like you guys had so much fun!

Jessie Riley said...

LOVE that Giraffe.
how FUN to have a visitor. Isn't it the BEST thing ever to have someone come to visit!

your pix look AWESOME. Lovin the bubbles outside in the snow!

Heather O'Brien said...

FUN! That's is awesome that Kadia could come visit. Your kids are getting so big and they are so cute. I love to read what you guys are up too. It makes me miss the good ol' Iowa days though. Where did you get those cute little chairs? I LOVE them! Hope you are good.

Shawna said...

Oh my goodness, Marie -- that giraffe is the cutest thing ever (well, after Josh and Baby Nate, of course...) I'm serious -- you could sell those! Love you :)

Rachel said...

cute sewing projects marie!!! do you have the instructions for them? if you do i'd love to give them a go....they're super adorable!

your boys are getting SO BIG!!!

Stacey Kirchner said...

LOVE the wall decor behind you on the couch. Josh is a little sweetheart. And bubbles in the snow. Fun!

Heidi Miller said...

Josh has grown up sooo much!! You don't miss the winters here?! Why ever not?! :) We miss you!

Ludwig Family Blog said...

I love those giraffes! How easy were they to make?

Kerri said...

wow your boys are growing so fast they are so handsome. How are you holding up in residency. I hope all is well!

Sarah said...

You can come to visit iowa anytime! We've got extra room and I promise to feed you delicious food. Elisabeth would love it. You guys are so cute! We miss you! Cute giraffe. Do you have a pattern?