Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Flowers & Springtime!


I Love SpRiNg! 

I love flowers!  They really amaze me and they make me happy every time I see them!  I love to watch them grow and it is so exciting to me when they blossom.

Does anyone know what these are called?  They are amazing!  The flowers are fragrant like a rose (they have the most amazing smell of any flower I have ever smelt) and the blooms are two times the size of my hand.  The last week in March, the plant just started to sprout from the ground kind-of like a tulip and now they are about 4 to 4 1/2 feet tall.  They are so tall they are falling over. Like I said they are incredible!




I love seeing all these flowers everyday!  It's amazing how well things grow out here in Indiana!


I planted my flowers right after Easter during the first week in April and they have quadrupled in the last Month.  Below is the day I planted everything.


 I love the changes and all the amazing new plants and flowers!  I love how green everything is!  Love it!  Love it!  Love it!  Here you can see the change in our front yard in just one month.

8 comments:

Heathelyn said...

They are called Peonies. They are the state flower. I love them too! The above ground part of the plant dies off in the fall. But each year the root system gets bigger, so the plant that grows from it is bigger. And the plants can live for up to a hundred years! For future reference, they make peony holders. They are a framework that will hold the plant upright so the heavy flowers don't droop. You can buy them at any home improvement store in early spring. But it's hard to put the holder on once the plant gets too big. So you have to get it on early in the spring growth.

Heathelyn said...

Oh, and the plant is really hardy. You can cut the blossoms and bring them in to fragrance your home and it will just keep making more until the growth season is over.

Rebecca Woolf said...

I LOVE your cute home :)! YAY! So cute. I love the flowers too. I hope all is well! Love you

Krystal said...

Gorgeous! I love your house! And sorry about Josh's arm- although that is a very cool cast!

The Tolboe family said...

Your babies are growing up too fast. I scrolled down and saw little Nate's big grin. WHat a precious boy! I am so glad I can keep tabs on you guys.

esmiley said...

Definitely Peonies. We had some in yard when we lived in Indiana. I've been toying with the idea of planting some here, since it's a similar climate. I love Peonies too!

Sarah said...

Oh, I love peonies! I'm a little jealous. They're on my list of sometime I'll plant those. sorry about "josh's bone" as elisabeth says. We love yall!

Natalie said...

What a beautiful family! I am so happy that life is SO good for you! I enjoyed catching up with you! I've run into Shantel a few times off and on. After her parents moved, it was a bit harder. More off than on, but I'm happy we were able to reconnect! We have loved living in Florida. It is so beautiful here. I love the sugar white sand beaches. We will miss it, but look forward to our adventure in Japan. We will be there for the next 3 years. I love your blog. Thanks for sharing. Keep in touch!