Sunday, November 21, 2010

Uncle Jacob Comes for a Visit





 This photo of my brother and me is courtesy of Josh and his young budding skills of photography.








My little brother, Jacob, came to visit us the last week in October.  As you can tell by the pictures, the boys loved Jacob.  The boys were constantly smiling, laughing, and having loads of fun while he was here.  I think Jacob must have a gift as a peacemaker because our home was so peaceful and happy while he was here.  This last week he left to go serve a mission in Lubbock, Texas.  It is crazy to me that he is old enough to be a missionary because I practically raised him until I left to college (he was 8 years old when I left to Ricks College).  Jacob sadly was too young to really remember me living at home, but I have so many memories of him as a baby, toddler and small boy.  He was my little buddy.  He was always so cuddly as a baby and toddler and I created a bad habit for him by having him go to bed with me every night instead of him sleeping in his own bed because I loved to snuggle "my baby".  I treated him as if he was my own baby and when he turned two years old, he started calling me "mom" before calling my mom "mom."  Secretly I loved that he called me "mom" first because I couldn't wait to be a real mom one day.  He has grown up so fast and I know that my boys will continue to grow up faster than I want them to and they will soon be out on their missions.  We are so happy with Jacob and know that he will be a great missionary and so pleased that he is such a great example to my boys.  Josh talks about how he is going to be a missionary just like Uncle Jacob and Uncle Scotty.  

This evening Josh came back to my room to ask me question. 
Josh: "Mom, are you going to be sad when I leave?"  
Marie: Of course I'll be sad when you leave, you are my little buddy.  I always love having you around."
"When are you leaving?"
Josh: "Don't be sad when I go on my mission.  I need to be a missionary.  I'll be back soon.  Don't worry."

He is growing up too fast and he already knows, I don't know how he does, but he knows it will be hard for me to not have him around all the time when he is grown and old enough to be a missionary.  But I am sure happy that he is already excited to go serve the Lord when he is old enough.  Josh actually has his whole life planned out.  He told me the other day that when he is 19, he's serving a mission, then he is going to marry Olivia when he is 26, and build homes for a living, and then Olivia is going to have babies.  He is such a silly kid and is literally growing up too fast for me.  I am trying to enjoy the time I am blessed to have with him.

2 comments:

Becca said...

Ok... your boys need to stop getting cuter and cuter. Sorry I didn't call yesterday Marie! It was a crazy sunday. It seems like we keep missing each other :). One of these days we will talk!

Love you!

Melanie said...

Wow, Josh is amazing to think that far ahead. What a sweet little boy! Miss you!