Wednesday, January 4, 2012

 Christmas Eve
Part 1


Making the our traditional family Christmas Eve Dinner.  Teriyaki Flank Steak, Butter-horn Rolls, Sauteed Mushrooms, Sauteed Vegetables


Finally Finishing Decorating the Tree.  The boys and I had been sick since Thanksgiving with influenza, then gastroenteritis, followed by a cold virus, sinus infections, and another bought of influenza.  We were worn out.  I was also busy putting together our Church's Christmas Music Program.  Half our lights on our Christmas tree burt out in the process of everything  going on and by the time I went to find replacements lights they were all sold out.  So I went to 15 stores and they were all sold out, except for the LED lights which were soooooo ugly and cost an arm and a leg), luckily a friend let me borrow some of hers.

Finally, we were ready for Christmas a few days before.


Nate also started Preschool the week before Christmas.  He gets to ride the bus, just like Josh and LOVES it!  The first day, when I got him off the bus, Nate's first words were, "Mommy, I love school!!!  I want to go again!  I rode the bus!  It was so fun!  We painted!  Can I go again!.....  "  He then went on and on about what he did and kept telling me how much he loved school and wanted to go back.

He was too cute!  I'm sad to see him go.  He's my baby and seems way too young to be a preschooler.   Dad was post-call and arrived home just as the bus was coming.  John was so happy to be there to see Nate off on his first day. 

Josh putting the finishing touches on the tree.







Finally dinner!  Just for our family to remember.  This is me trying to get the boys to eat vegetables first before I bring out the meat and rolls.  Nate's always been really great at eating his veggies, and in the last year Josh now requests vegetables for breakfast (this has been a huge milestone for Josh, he has become such a healthy eater).  Josh's favorite vegetables are any color of bells peppers and broccoli.  Almost everyday, Josh comes home from school telling me that their snacks are so unhealthy and how upsetting it is to him.  I didn't know a five year old could be so health conscious.  I'm grateful he is becoming so healthy.  His health is finally starting to improve after all these years.


3 comments:

Becca said...

Such cute pictures!!!! Love you Marie

Bobbi said...

Marie they are so cute :) Love and miss u!

Sarah&Nate said...

I saw that sweater at White House Black Market and thought it was so gorgeous!