Wednesday, June 17, 2009

NATE

I know it has been like a decade since I've blogged maybe that is because we have fit in so many things in the last couple of months like:

John graduated from Medical School(with all the many festivities)

Grandparents and Family coming to visit Iowa for the last time 3 different times in one month period.

Josh's 3rd Birthday

We bought our first home

We moved to our first home

We travelled cross country with our two boys 3,500 miles (We drove to Idaho, to Utah, Lake Powell in Arizona, to Denver Colorado, back to Iowa and took 2 days to pack up and then drove to Indiana) (whoa, I'm ready for a break ;) 

Lots more blogging to come for all the many many things we have been up to lately!  Especially since John will be starting residency next week!  This post is dedicated to Nate for now.


Nate is the BEST baby!  He is almost 6 months old and growing up way too fast.  He is the sweetest boy and loves to cuddle and give little hugs.  He is so observant and very calm (the opposite of his older brother, who was always and still is very active).  He loves to watch his older brother who is constant entertainment and he is interested in everything around him!



Nate rolling over for one of the first times at 5 months old.


Nate loved seeing the blossoms and the trees for the first time in his entire life (that's what you get when you are born in the dead of winter).  I love the springtime in Iowa, it is soooo beautiful!

Nate loves books!  I wish that I had as much time to read with Nate as I did with Josh.  Poor kid:(
Nate loves solids!  He successfully tried them right at 4 months.  He will eat anything (all fruits, vegetables, cereals, you name it).  It took Josh till he was almost a year to finally take to some solid foods.  It is amazing to me how different each child can be.


We love him so much and are so blessed that he is part of our family!

6 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Nate is so cute in all of those pictures. I wish I could see him in person! We miss you guys, but we're excited you're moved in in Indiana. I hope everything's going great!

Krystal said...

He is so cute! I'm excited to hear about Indiana. I hope you love it! Good luck to John!

Bobbi said...

cute pic.s Marie! I miss you!!! I wish we could have gotten together the last time you were here. Next time we will for sure. Nate is a cutie :) I promise I will call you soon!

Heather O'Brien said...

He's getting so big. Your house is really cute. Hallie keeps saying, "I miss my friends in Iowa." And I asked her if she wanted to look at any of her friends pictures. She said, "Josh!! I really miss him." Hope you guys are doing good.

Wendi Oyler said...

Nate is so adorable! I think he looks more like you this time. I wish I could have seen you and him while you were here. We have alot of catching up to do. Also did you know your book is upside down? Funny.

The Dunns said...

Marie-

I love the pics! I can't believe Nate is almost 6 months it seems like he was just born. I am glad I got to chat with you today. Good luck on your talk! And keep posting pics of your new place in Indiana! Take Care-
Carly