Monday, June 14, 2010

Surprise on the Front Door!


A few weeks ago I discovered this on top of my wreath on the front door.


The small nest is on the top left corner.


Last night I went to go water my flowers on the front porch.  My opening the door pretty much scared the CRAP, literally, out of the Mama Bird.  She pooped on my head(still grosses me out), wall, and my carpet and flew into the house after flying onto my head a couple of times with me screaming each time(don't worry not even one of the boys woke up, not even John).  I still got John up and he helped get her out of the house and today she is back NESTING away.  She has been way more protective and has hardly left the nest.  I'm thinking the eggs are going to hatch any day now.  I think from now on I'm going to be more careful when I open the door.

6 comments:

Becca said...

Marie! That is AWESOME! That made my day :) Thanks for sharing

Bobbi said...

Marie- I have to say this made me laugh :) what a crazy story! whats funny is my mom has a nest right on top of her wreath on her front door as well. But she didn't get pooped on :( thanks for your funny story!

Tim and Wendi said...

oh Marie. That made me laugh. I'm still giggling picturing the bird attacking you. Wish I could have seen it in real life.

My neighbors had a bird make a nest in their wreath too. They got eggs, but then somebody knocked the nest out of the wreath.

Mary Ann said...

That's really funny, cute, and a little gross. :) But mostly cute.

Jessie Riley said...

LUCKY!
i seriously LOVE it when a bird decides to put a nest in our yard somewhere... my kids LOVE to watch!

ps. just got caught up on your blog. Busy girl!
your pix look GREAT!

Bennion Family said...

That is so funny!! Too bad you didn't have the whole thing on video. So funny!!