Monday, August 30, 2010

Bear Lake
The pictures never do it justice.  This place is beautiful!  Our trip was short and sweet, but we managed to do as much as we could in one afternoon and evening.


Josh tubing on the deflated banana tube.  He loved it.
Nate stayed in Orem with Grandma Shawna, so Josh got all the attention!  He loved every minute!


Josh & Dad


Uncle Ben, Dad, & Josh


Ben and John were hilarious to watch as they jumped back and forth onto the other persons tube.  Josh barely noticeable in the sunken deflated tube just chilled while being thoroughly entertained.


The BEST Part aside from being with my family was WATERSKIING!  It is probably my most favorite thing to do!  We were blessed to have the perfect conditions of glassy water all afternoon!  I cannot even remember the last time I was able to go (either over a year ago right after I had Nate (which is a blur) or before I was pregnant with Nate (3 years ago).  I was just thrilled that I got up on my first try every time and I stayed up as long as I could hold on!


This is a look of complete bliss after my ski run!  Love this sport!



John's turn!  I'm so glad that John loves to ski too!




My brother Jacob.  He is such a clown!


Nothing can beat the skies out west.  I had forgotten how amazing they are!  Once again my camera doesn't give it justice and to top it off once I put the same picture on the blog the quality goes way down, but you get the idea.  A bit of Heaven on Earth.


Josh & Uncle Daniel


Josh & Grandma Susan


It was so nice to be able to spend time with John, since it is a rare treat now that we are in residency!  I just can't get enough of him!


Every year that my family and I went to Bear Lake there always were amazing sunsets!  Did I mention sunset is my favorite time of day?!



We ended the evening with roasting hot dogs and smores while watching the sunset!
John, my Dad, and Aunt Jeannie


We left to head back to Orem at 10:30 that night and it took forever because it rained/flash flooded like it does in the midwest (seriously it hardly ever rains like that in Utah or Idaho).  We didn't get home till about 2 am, but it was totally worth it!

1 comment:

Bennion Family said...

How fun!! I haven't water skied forever. I miss it! I love the pictures that you took. Those sunsets are amazing!! I wish that you could of stayed in Utah longer, it was so fun getting together. I miss you!