Monday, September 27, 2010

A Thought on Motherhood


Motherhood

I'd rather be a Mother than anyone on earth
Bringing up a child or two of unpretentious birth....
I'd rather tuck a little child all safe and sound in bed
Than twine a chain of diamonds about my [carefree] head.
I'd rather wash a smudgy face with round, bright, baby eyes
Than paint the pageantry of fame or walk among the wise.

-Meredith Gray

I came across this quote recently and it made my day!  I feel that society is so hard on mothers and women in general.  I hope that we as mothers really know that what we are doing the greatest job there is on earth.  We may not get much recognition for what we do, the days can be some of the most challenging, but we are doing a great work!  We are making a difference!  Motherhood is "the highest, holiest service... assumed by mankind" (Improvement Era, November 1942 761).

2 comments:

Kasi said...

so good. thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

HI!!! I am so glad that Shawna sent me your blog! I LOVE all of your pictures...keep in touch...we love you guys!!!