Saturday, January 9, 2010

Joshua

"Santy Claus, Why, Why Are You Taking the Christmas Tree?  WHY?"
One of most favorite times and memories of this past Christmas season was reading to Josh every night by the Christmas tree. Out of all the books my favorite and definitely Josh's favorite (because he requested every single night without fail) was "How the Grinch Stole Christmas!"


About a week ago, while John was taking down our Christmas Tree Josh said the following:
"Daddy, why, Why are you taking the Christmas tree!?  WHY!?"
"Are you going to stuff it up the chimney?"
"Why are you talking away Christmas! I don't want Christmas to go away!" Josh then proceeded to cry and John had to explain that Christmas would come back and then Josh was fine and was able to stop crying. When John told me this story, it sounded just like Josh. Too bad I wasn't in the room when this happened :( I thought it was so cute, so I had to post it.


Conversation with Josh in August 2009


This was so fun for me to go back and read!  It is now 5 months later and it is amazing how fast these little ones change and fun to remember how there were and what they would say and talk about just a short time later.  This particular conversation was much longer and we had while Josh and I were playing with toys.  I decided to write down what he was saying on a paper near by because I wanted to remember some of it and have a record.  He was so cute at this time!

Josh liked to talk about all of his Iowa friends.  This is what he had to say about a few of them during this conversation that was mostly Josh talking!  He's becoming quite the talker.
"Sammy's always, always eating!
"Sammy's always tired."
"Sammy is in Oregon."
"Elizabeth is always doing puzzles."

"'W' is always Joshua's"
"All the letters are always getting played with."

"Mommy and Daddy went to Africa" (I wish).  I am going to go to Africa too!  I'm going to go to Asia too!"

Josh likes to quiz me from time to time.
Josh: "What letter is this mommy?"
Me: "E"
Josh: "WOW!  Really good job mommy!  E is for egg.  Good job mommy, good job!"

"Mommy, you're a girl.  Daddy is a boy.  Joshua is a boy too."(Good to know).

"Mommy, you got married to Daddy.  I saw the picture of your beautiful dress.  Girls get married in beautiful dresses at the temple."

"Mommy, will you marry me?.... I'm going to marry Hailey and Kate!!!" (We've had many talks on this one, he has lately narrowed it down to marrying Olivia now.  He even asked Olivia's dad for permission the other day.  I have no idea where he learned that.)
"Mommy, you are my best friend!"

Josh: "Mommy, are you happy?"
Marie: "Yes"
Josh: "Oh, Good! (sounding very relieved)...  Mommy, how are you doing?..."

2 comments:

Mary Ann said...

I love his "always" comments. You told me about the Sammy ones, but I like Elisabeth's too. :)

Stacey Kirchner said...

LOVE the imaginations these little ones have. You're doing something right...Girls do get married in the temple in pretty white dresses :)